Date: Monday, 29th April 2019
Contributor: John Hughes - HQ
2019 Words Grade 1 Format
At the Board of Directors meeting on Saturday 27th April, the Board unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Music Board regarding the format of the 2019 Grade 1 World Championship event.
If entries are 17 bands or less then the following format will apply:
- All bands to play on the Friday.
- MSR in the morning/ Medley in the afternoon – P/M’s choice of which of their 2 sets in both sections.
- All bands to play on the Saturday.
- MSR Morning/ Medley afternoon – alternate sets to be played.
- 4 adjudicators per section, so 16 adjudicators to be used.
- Results of all 4 sections to be taken into account to calculate the results.
- In the event of a tie, current system already in place to be used (Rule 4.68).
If entries are 18 bands or more, then the competition format remains Status Quo as per 2018 with 12 bands qualifying from the Friday.
<< All News