An RSPBA Intensive Study Programme
The RSPBA is offering an intensive study programme to enable individuals to take the first steps in becoming an approved RSPBA Instructor, SQA/PDQB Assessor or RSPBA adjudicator.
Some individuals may have relevant experience in playing, leadership and instruction/teaching in a pipe band setting but don’t have an appropriate educational qualification to enable them to enable them to become instructors or assessors. Furthermore, to gain access to the “Certificate of Pipe Band Musicianship” you must hold the RSPBA Intermediate Certificate or SCQF 6 (in piping or drumming) or PDQB 4 Bass/Tenor.
If you believe that you have the practical experience but don’t have an appropriate educational qualification, then the following pathway could help you.
The RSPBA is pleased to offer an intensive self-study route to enable you to take the next steps in your piping and drumming journey and to bridge the gap in educational qualification.
A workshop will be held on the weekend of 11/12th October 2014 in RSPBA Headquarters, Glasgow. This workshop will:-
- Ensure your understanding of Levels SCQF 2-5 Piping and Drumming and PDQB 1-3 Bass/Tenor.
- Prepare you fully through supported Self Study for the theory and practical requirements of SCQF 6 Piping and SCQF 6 Snare and PDQB 4 Bass/Tenor.
- Direct you to the resource materials required.
- Ensure your full awareness as to playing standards and expectations.
- Organise access to RSPBA Approved Instructors during Self-Study.
Students will be formally assessed during the weekend of 29th/30th November 2014 in RSPBA Headquarters, Glasgow. If you are interested please contact Pat Whelan, Education Officer for an application form. firstname.lastname@example.org
On receipt of your application In return, we will:
- Confirm your acceptance to the workshop.
- Send you and information package to allow preparation for the workshop.
- Advise you of the Certificate of Pipe Band Musicianship syllabus.
- Identify an Instructor “Buddy” to support you during preparation for the workshop.
The workshop will cost £50 – payment details will be advised later.
The Assessment Fee is £30 – Registration and payment will be administered during the weekend workshop.
Certificate of Pipe Band Musicianship
This Certificate will be required for future advancement in RSPBA Educational activities.
Part 1 - During the First 3 months of 2015, there will a Workshop and Self-Study opportunity for Part 1 of this certificate. Part 1 has a continued focus on the individual’s educational development and sets high standards for achievement.
Part 2 - Takes the underpinning knowledge of educational attainment and applies them to the Pipe Band development environment. A course will run during winter session 2015/ 2016 with an assessment during March/April 2016.
The full syllabus and future activities will be explained during the 11/12 October 2014 Workshop.
This is a great opportunity for members beginning to consider their future development. Please ensure you do not miss the opportunity.
For further information, please contact: